... In noreni co-ra
Don't ask me what that means, don't even ask me what language it is. I don't know. I asked and was told "Pseudo-Latin? Who knows. It just sounds good." I didn't complain because boy does it sound good! Everyone sounds amazing altogether, it is such a haunting song, made even more so by the fact that it is going to be staged in complete darkness as the opening number for the Christchurch relief concert I am involved with.
We're also performing "Heal the World," "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life," "Do you Hear the People Sing?" (my personal fave), and the one quoted above which is called "1492 Songs of Conquest." I believe the latter is affiliated to Christchurch in some way, I heard someone mentioning the Canterbury Rugby team, but that may have been coincidental. I wouldn't know. I have no attention or interest for rugby.
I do have a burning interest for performing though, and every spare moment I have I find myself thinking about the stage. It has become somewhat of an obsession, buoyed only by the recent success and involvement. I can not wait for Joesph rehearsals to begin. But, right now, I have my hands full with these rehearsals!
We have a 5 hour rehearsal tomorrow. It's extra cool because we will finally be blocking the show! Horray! We're required to know all our words tomorrow - strictly no music allowed! I know it's only four songs but as a resolute and remorseful procrastinator I, of course, haven't learned any of the words...
Oh well... looks like the one hour train ride will be put to good use after all...
No comments:
Post a Comment